Personal Information: means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business email address, business telephone number or business facsimile number. It also does not include your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other directory.
What personal information do we collect?
When you purchase or lease a vehicle from us, finance the purchase or lease of a vehicle through us or purchase or lease other products or services from or through us or if you participate in one of our surveys, contests or promotions, or if you test drive one of our vehicles or contact our dealership staff, we may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name, address and telephone number (i.e. mobile, home, office, etc.)
- Email address and facsimile number
- Your occupation
- Information about your driving habits (such as preferred car size, color, type of vehicle, kilometers driven annually, etc.)
- Information about your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in (i.e. license plate)
- Details of your vehicle and its service history
- Your driver’s license number
- The name of your insurance company and agent
- Your insurance policy number and details about your insurance coverage
- Similar information about other members of your family
- Your language preferences
- Your date of birth and/or the date of birth of other members of your family
- Financial and credit information about you and/or other members of your family (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms)
- The principal amount of your loan, interest and repayment schedule.
- Health information if you are applying for life, health, disability or accident insurance.
- The amount of any life, health, disability or accident insurance and details of the insurance.
- Provision of your Social Insurance Number is optional. However, you should be aware that most credit reporting agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
How we’re protecting your personal information
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Your personal information may be used by us to provide products and services to you such as to obtain a license for your vehicle, to obtain a credit report if you are financing or leasing your vehicle, or to obtain appropriate financing of your vehicle for you.
We work with third-party services
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties such as the manufacturer of your vehicle and it’s related companies, body shops, the providers of products or services relating to your vehicle, credit reporting agencies, financial institutions or financing companies, your insurance agent or company and companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle.
Your personal information may be used to provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires servicing and to provide you with updates and information regarding products, promotions and services we have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you through third-party services.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe that you are still the owner of the vehicle. If the information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle, we retain personal information relating to the financing or lease arrangements as long as those arrangements are in place. If the information relates to the service or repair of the vehicle we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of the vehicle or as may be required by law. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
What can you do if you want to limit the use to which we put your personal information?
Most of the personal information which we collect is necessary for us to sell or lease you your vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicles, assist you in the financing of your vehicle or to provide service to your vehicle and we cannot do this without the personal information. Similarly, we must disclose your personal information as described above in order to sell you the vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, assist you in arrangements for financing or leasing or to provide servicing to your vehicle. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way, please contact us and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You can request access to your personal information.
You have a right to access the personal information which we have about you and to request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact us and we will be pleased to assist you.
We and third parties collect various types of data to aid in operating, preparing reports on website usage, and personalizing our websites, and for targeted advertising (for example, cookie identified, website activity, etc.)
You can opt out of targeted ads at the DAA opt-out site www.aboutads.info, the NAI opt-out site at networkadvertising.org/choices, or for those in Europe, the EDAA opt out site at youronlinechoices.eu.
Questions or concerns?